Geiger Way #6 – We give back to the Community. “Our strengths are drawn from the place we live and work. As a company and individuals, we seek to be leaders in education, charity and civic affairs.”
Geiger is committed to making a difference in communities where we live and work and do business. This commitment was emphasized during the opening ceremony at our new Maine facility (April 1955) when Ray Geiger proudly announced that Geiger would be leaders in giving to the community. This has become part of our heritage and is the legacy we leave behind. We volunteer actively, give generously and work to make a difference. Our emphasis has been in business organizations (building our economy), public education, and healthcare.
Geiger participates in the following community activities:
- In 1988 we created the Geiger/Montello Adopt-A-School partnership and received the 618th Point of Light from President George Bush and have honors from every educational organization in Maine including the Maine Teachers Association among many others. The highlight of every year is our Night of the Stars where outstanding writers are brought to the Lewiston Middle School Auditorium by stretch limousine, met by “the media” and awarded “Oscars” to an audience of 700+.
- Peter Geiger has served on the Maine State Board of Education (Chair) and is currently a board member of Educate Maine former Chair) the leading Business/Education group in the state. Peter is also a board memeber of the Maine State Board of Education.
- In 2007 the city of Lewiston broke ground for a new state-of-the-art elementary school. Without hesitation the school board selected to name the new school the Raymond A Geiger as a way to show appreciation for all the support that Geiger and the Geiger family have provided the community over the years. The school opened in September 2009 and serves as a model for quality education.
We encourage our Associates to be involved in the community, and they are.
We encourage our management staff to be involved in business and industry groups. We are acknowledged leaders in our industry. We grow by giving. Thus, we are active participants of the following organizations:
Promotional Products Association International (PPAI)
Diary Publishers International
World Advertising Gift Exchange
Here are only some examples of that involvement.
- Currant Chair of ePSA (ePromoStandards Alliance), the body which sets e-commerce standards for the industry
- Sole United States member of WAGE, World Advertising Gift Exchange
- Counsler magazine’s former “Person of the Year”
- Several former PPAI Board Members, Directors, and Chairs
- PPAI Distinguished Service Award Winners